One of our specialized services is end-of-life or hospice care. Our goal is to support and guide families through this extremely difficult time while ensuring their loved ones’ final days are filled with comfort, safety, and dignity.
Approximately 1.5 million Americans receive hospice care each year (via Medicare) in order to improve their quality of life when their time is limited.
Our compassionate staff at Blue Water Homecare is led by Registered Nurse Jennifer Prescott, who has more than 15 years of experience in healthcare. This hands-on training in end-of-life care is invaluable when helping to manage your family’s journey.
In addition, every member of our team is knowledgeable about the stages of terminal decline and familiar with industry-standard end-of-life protocols for symptom management.
What Are Benefits of Blue Water Hospice Care?
Seeking assistance from hospice care can help ease the stress on family caregivers.
Blue Water Hospice is skilled at orchestrating the combined efforts of doctors, hospitals/other care facilities, multiple family members, and spiritual representatives so that your focus can remain wholly on your loved one.
Get Started With Us
Here are a few of the benefits of using Blue Water Hospice during this difficult time:
- Our nurses are on call 24-hours a day/7-days a week
- After-hours admissions is available so care can be started immediately
- A dedicated RN will carefully design and implement your plan, holding your hand every step of the way
- Caregivers are specially trained to detect and identify subtle changes occurring in your loved one to help maximize their comfort
Hospice Care Services Offered by Blue Water Homecare
We understand that you may have needs outside the time that Blue Water Hospice employees are in your home. We partner with Blue Water Homecare to provide in-home end of life support.
These services include:
- Provide baths, perform gentle massage, administer oral hygiene, and help oversee general grooming and nail care
- Laundry and light housekeeping
- Assist with dressing and undressing
- Help with toileting and incontinence care
- Care and cleaning of indwelling urinary catheters
- Shopping for food or prescription pick-ups
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals
- Assistance with feeding and fluid intake
- Documentation of intake, output, and other vital signs
- Skin care
- Positioning/turning to prevent skin breakdown
- Maintenance of safe environment to minimize risk of falls
- Assistance with safe ambulation throughout the house
- Range of motion exercises
- Provide companionship, conversation, and diversion activities as directed
- Assist with medication reminders and/or provide guidance on self-administered medications
CONTACT US for a free in-home assessment or a consultation. Let us introduce your family to the Blue Water family and help you take the next step towards end-of-life care.