Caregiver or CNA for Homecare
4, 6, 8 and 12 hour shifts available. Up to $20/hour AND $1,000 Hire Bonus!!
We have openings throughout Austin, Bee Cave, Cedar Park, Georgetown, Lakeway, Round Rock.
Hiring for the following shifts:
- Full-Time Days, Evenings, Nights (8-10-12 hour shifts), eligible for $1,000 Hire Bonus.
- Part-Time Days, Evenings, Nights.
- Float, Sunday-Thursday, 7:00 am – 4:00 pm. Will fill in for open shifts; must be willing to drive wherever needed. Pay is $19.00/hour. We pay you for 40 hours, even if we don’t schedule you for 40!!
Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, car insurance and be willing to drive a minimum of 30 minutes to your shift.
About the Role
We are growing to be one of the most recognized names for quality senior care in Central Texas and we are seeking Personal Care Assistants to perform any and all non-medical activities that result in making our clients comfortable, safe and able to live where they choose to live.
Why We Are Different
In everything that we do, we strive to make the lives of seniors in Central Texas and the lives of our employees more fulfilling. Our mission is simply to provide the highest quality, personalized care to seniors and their families.
Our founder Jennifer Prescott, RN, MSN, CDP spent many years as a hospice nurse and as well as running hospice agencies. During this time she recognized gaps in care for seniors that chose to stay in their homes. Once care needs grew beyond basic companion care, seniors and their families too often were assigned caregivers that were unprepared. There clearly was a need for higher quality private care and the skilled management of that care. It was this unfulfilled need and Jennifer’s relentless passion that became the early roots of Blue Water.
We strive and pride ourselves on being different than our competitors. And we believe this difference starts with our employees or caregivers. That is why we believe so strongly in supporting employees with a stellar management team that has over 100+ years of geriatric care experience and is staffed by RNs that are on call 24×7.
It is no wonder that we were Hill Country News “Best of the Best” in 2020 and 2021!
Are you tired of working with 15 patients each shift? Do you miss 1:1 care? Have you been looking for a company that cares about their employees? Are you having problems finding enough hours to meet your needs? Are you looking for a company where you can grow your career? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, we’d love to hear from you!
What You Will Bring, Do, and Own
- Help clients with personal hygiene, including shower, tub or bed baths, dressing, oral care, hair and skin care.
- Help clients in the use of toilet facilities, including bed pans.
- Help clients in and out of bed, excluding the use of mechanical lifting equipment unless trained and documented as competent.
- Help clients with walking, including the use of walkers and wheelchairs, when applicable.
- Help clients with self-administration of medications.
- Help with prescribed exercises when the client and the Personal Care Assistant have been instructed by the appropriate health professional.
- Meal preparation and feeding, when required.
- Record and report changes in the client’s physical condition, behavior or appearance to supervisor or Case Coordinator.
- Document services delivered in accordance with Blue Water Homecare policies and procedures.
Who You Are
- You’re a helper and are energized by assisting others.
- You’re sympathetic regarding the care of the sick and elderly
- You’re genuinely kind and operate with grace.
- You’re dependable and regarded as loyal.
- You’re a positive and collaborative team member
- You’re a highly skilled and effective communicator.
What You Will Need To Have
- Ability to carry out directions, read and write.
- Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Reliable transportation
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
You must be able to:
- Participate in physical activity.
- Work for extended period of time while standing
- Lift up to 35 lbs
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
What You Will Get
- Market Competitive Pay
- Employee Benefits Package
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License
- Must have car insurance
- Clear background check
Come Join Our Team
Full-Time openings are benefit eligible! Pay: up to $20 per hour Weekend differential
COVID Considerations: All staff and clients are screened daily for symptoms of COVID-19. All PPE provided by Blue Water Homecare.
EOE/Accommodation Statement Blue Water Homecare is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Blue Water is also committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Mary Jensen, Human Resources, at 512-872-2955.